How to Get Verified on Instagram in 2020?
How to Get Verified on Instagram? A Complete Step by Step Guide
After Facebook, Instagram is considered to be another social networking website that is known amongst users ever since it was introduced. This application is the one which is known for posting pictures, discovering new pictures, following friends, celebrities and public figures and many other things. This application rose to fame in the social networking world which never sleeps and has made people addicted to it. Out of its unique features, one of the known and most used options is a verified Instagram account. So, if you have landed here to know about Instagram verification criteria and whether you are eligible for it then you can refer to the details which are discussed further in your article to ease up your process.
What Does Instagram Verification Mean? - Get Blue Tick by Verification
The verification of Instagram accounts is termed as the means of establishing your account as an authentic presence of a public figure, global brand or celebrity. A verified Instagram account is differentiated with the blue ticket in front of the username. One can apply the same to a personal account or even to a business account. To know how to get an Instagram verified account you can follow the steps below.
Steps to Verify Get Your Instagram Account
- Open a web browser and go to Instagram.com from its search bar at the top.
- Enter the username and password on the sign-in page that gets displayed in front of you.
- When you will be landing on the homepage, tap on the “Profile icon” from the bottom right corner.
- This will lead you to your profile where you can tap on three horizontal lines from the top right corner.
- A tab gets displayed on the right and you need to tap on the “Settings” option.
- In the next step, you will be required to tap on the “Account” option where you need to tap on the “Request Verification” option.
- Now, fill your Instagram account name and other details. These details include:
Full Name: Your Full name appears on government IDs for identification purposes.
Known As: Here you need to enter your name or the company name under which you want to get your account verified.
Category: You can choose from the category under which you work like media, fashion, politics, entertainment, etc.
- Now you will be required to upload the copy of government IDs with photo ID proof. Make sure that the name of your document is the same as the name mentioned on the account for verification.
- Tap “Send”. Instagram will be reviewing your application for verification. And will be notifying you.
So, with the help of the above steps, users can get their account verified and once done you will be able to see an Instagram blue tick in front of your name. Further, if you want to know some tips related to getting your Instagram account verified, then you can read the information further.
Find the Essential Tips to Get Verified on Instagram
Here are some tips and tricks to help your application be verified and have the best chances of success.
- Having a great bio: Mentioning complete information with creativity will be helping you mention Instagram accounts as verified.
- The Honesty of what you enter while the Instagram verification process is what is considered. So, instead of faking you must enter all the correct details and also enter correct identity proofs.
- Do post regularly. Posting regularly makes it clear to Instagram and its officials that the user is active and is also a public figure.
If anyone wants any further help then he can contact the customer service of Instagram.