How To Park A Domain in Cpanel
Before Read about how to park a domain you should know what id domain park:
Park a domain. When you park your domain, visitors to your site will see a temporary Web page when they enter your domain name into their browser. Parking your domain simply means you are putting it on hold until you create your website, find a hosting provider, sell it, etc.
Parked domains are often used by businesses that want to have more than one web address for advertising purposes. Parked domains are additional domains hosted on your account which display the same website as your primary domain and share web statistics as well; however, you can give the parked domain its own email boxes.
For example, if you own domain1.com and it is the primary domain of your cPanel account, you can set up domain2.com as a parked domain and it will load the content of domain1.com. When you visit domain2.com, you will notice that although the content of domain1.com is loading in the browser, the address bar will display http://domain2.com/.
How To Create a parked domain
To add a parked domain, perform the following steps:
- Enter the primary domain name in the text box at the top of the interface, or select the domain from the menu.
- In the Domain to park text box, enter the domain name that you wish to park.
- Click Submit.
Click Reset to reset the form.
Disallow parked domains on a domain
If you do not want users to park domains on a specific protected domain, add the domain to the following file:
How To Remove a Parked Domain
To remove a parked domain from your account:
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click the Parked Domains icon.
- Under Remove Parked Domains, find the domain you wish to remove.
- In the Actions column for that domain, click Remove.