Garmin GPS not working
What are the steps that you can take to fix the issue of Garmin GPS not working?
Technical glitches can trouble you in any way. Garmin GPS is known for its incredible service, but it indeed makes you frustrated when you encounter the issues in it. For this, we are here with the solution to your issue.
Let us see the Garmin GPS troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. These steps will surely be of your help and will guide you to get rid of this issue. However, you have the support of the customer care agents if you will be facing any issue.
Required troubleshooting steps:
Issue of low or no battery in your device:
Sometimes you find that your device is not adequately charged for Garmin GPS to work properly. If it shows the sign of the low battery in your device, you should change the GPS so that it can work properly, and you don’t find any obstacle.
Perform a hard reset of your device:
This step helps bring your device in a proper state. To do the hard reset, follow the steps below:
- Get your device disconnected from the power plug and press and hold the power button for a few seconds that you will see at the bottom right corner of your device.
- After that, you will have to press Yes on the screen and follow the instructions displayed on your screen. This will help in rebooting your Garmin device. By doing this master reset, all your software related issues in your Garmin device will be clear.
- You need to ensure that the GPS antenna is plugged on correctly on your Garmin device.
- Once your whole process is complete, you need to check the Garmin device, whether it is working properly or not.
Uninstall and then re-install it:
- To perform this step, you will have to reset your device again and then link it to your computer using the USB cable.
- After that, you will have to download the test version of the Garmin express app on your computer and complete the registration of our device on it.
- If you are unable to find the map update dashboard, you have to choose the home icon. You will find this option on the top left corner of your Garmin Express Software window. It will help if you wait for the device to update.
These are the required steps you need to take if your Garmin GPS is not working. You can contact the customer support for more queries on this. You can call on the helpline number and seek their assistance.
Other Ways to troubleshoot Gramin GPS
Garmin is a well-known GPS device used nowadays. It is widely used due to its best navigation features. Despite being the best-featured device, you might encounter some issues while using it. But, don't worry, as all the Garmin related issues can be resolved easily. Here in this article, you will get to know about the common issues and their fixes.
Common issues with Garmin
The common issues encountered while using Garmin device are:
Faulty power button
Touch screen not responding
Not detecting signal
GPS locked up
Garmin shuts off
If you are facing any other issue, it can also be resolved.
Fixes for Garmin GPS
While using Garmin GPS, you might encounter some issues, which can be easily fixed. Garmin GPS troubleshooting guide is as follows:
Garmin GPS fails to turn ON
Ensure that the key is turned ON to AC.
Then, make sure that the power cable is connected to GPS.
Check the fuse and battery. If required, replace it.
Solve no sound
Check for the speakers and wires connected to GPS.
Ensure that the device is not muted.
No GPS signals
Check for the GPS antenna signal.
If the GPS reception in your area is not proper, you might encounter this issue.
Calibrate the screen. It might take more time to respond.
Even after calibration, if there is some issue, you can contact support.
If you want more info on Garmin GPS troubleshooting, you can contact the support team. The Garmin support team is available 24x7 for assistance, and its contact info is available on the Garmin website.