How do I Restore My Old Contacts From Gmail Account
How To Restore Lost Or Deleted Gmail Contacts
While merging email ids or importing contacts into your Gmail account or even just deleting unnecessary contacts, there is always the possibility of losing some important contacts. Feeling you get when you find that some contacts are longer seen in your Contacts list is nothing short of misery. Now you may want to get back your old Contacts list.
In order to restore your Gmail Contacts to a previous state :
- Select Contacts on the right sidebar. Then depending on which group of contacts you wish to restore, select the group.
- On top of the contact list you will be able to see an option “More Actions”. Click that and then select “Restore contacts…”.
- Now select the time you want to restore your Contact List to. And click “Restore“. Thats it. As simple as that. You can restore back to 10 minutes, an hour, a day, a week or even a month.
Now you have no reason to be scared while managing your Contacts.
How To Restore or import old gmail contact to iphone
I’m going to assume you haven’t set up a Google account on your iPhone yet. If you already have, then skip to the next section.
Step 1: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and select Add Account.
Step 2: Tap on the Google logo to create a new Google account.
Step 3: Enter your Google email and password, and tap Sign in to proceed.
Step 4: You will then be asked to authorize iOS to access various aspects of your Google account, including of course contacts. Tap Accept.
Step 5: Now select what information from Google you want to show on your iPhone. It can be mail from Gmail, and contacts as well. You can also select to show your calendars and notes.
If you already have a Google account set up on your iPhone, it will be much quicker to import and use your Google Gmail contacts.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and select your Gmail account.
Step 2: Make sure you turn Contacts on, as seen on this screenshot:
Recover/Restore lost or deleted contacts Android
You would've had to enter all of your contacts into your Gmail account for this to work. Google won't retrieve contents stored on your SIM card.
- Launch your web browser from the desktop, taskbar, Dock, or application folder of your computer.
- Navigate to your Gmail account.
- Click the Gmail dropdown in the upper lefthand corner of your screen.
- Click Contacts.
- Click More just under the search bar.
- Click Restore Contacts...
- Click a time to restore to. If you click Custom you can set it to restore from as far back as 29 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes ago.
- Click Restore
- Pick up your Android phone.
- Launch Settings from your home screen, the Notification Shade, or the app drawer.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Google.
- Tap the account that your contacts are associated with if you have more than one.
- Tap the menu button in the top righthand corner of your screen. It's three vertical dots.
- Tap Sync now.